july 21 lightning

Lightning is one of those things I have been wanting to shoot, but it's kind of hard to arrange, you know?
Last night was a bizarre night; there was lightning and huge clouds but not a drop of rain...perfect. I was a little worried about the camera getting a jolt (stand outside with a metal tripod and camera during lightning? smart?), but it was pretty far away. I would still like to shoot lightning again with some nice big fork lightning, since the one I got was just a teeny tiny little lightning bolt!

Sorry, I know the light trails are getting a little cheesy, but the foregoround was definitely less interesting without it.

7 comments:

Pete said...

Jenna,

Never sell yourself short when describing your photos...I think the photo is great and the car lights add extra zip to the shot. How long was your exposure set for?

Jenna said...

Thanks Pete :) I actually combined the sky from one shot at 13 seconds and the foreground from another at 36 seconds. Not HDR...just masking.

Funkysandman said...

lightning highway...thunder road... I don't know how you found a road that just happened to wind exactly towards the storm like that. good eye!

Dolan Art & Photography said...

It is so cool, not at all cheesy - love it.

Anonymous said...

the colours are intense its great!

Ora Artzy said...

This is a great shot! The car lights pull you through the photo to the lightening and clouds!

Redrane said...

Jenna this is a fantastic shot!! ~ Katrina