yoga: katie

This was my last shoot before the end of my class. The weather is definitely improving but still not where I wanted it to be. Taking portfolio in the winter is a challenge because if you are used to or just want to shoot outside, you are limited. I really wanted to do a yoga shoot outside because my brain is just bursting with ideas...but few yogis are interested in getting out there in these temps...


That's okay because we still had an amazing shoot. My next victim (ahem, I mean, subject) was Katie, a beautiful and flexy blond from AYO. So the first thing I find is that her dad is a professional photographer (Actually I checked out his stuff and he's really really good). Damn...now I know I have some tough critics and can't screw this one up.
Then the second thing I learned is that she also has an orange cat named Oliver so its alllll good. Plus she was wearing purple from head to toe so I instantly liked her. 


Katie seemed game for anything. I had suggested Katie bring her husband along and maybe get some partner yoga in. Rob, a beginner yogi, was a great sport and most likely got many husband points for this! 
If there's a photo that takes the cake, it's this next one one, for me anyway...and it was quite obvious as my cooing noise echoed throughout the room as this happened.


unedited shot. I just love this.


0 comments: